Start your morning off right!
Gourmet breakfast in just 10 minutes? This avocado, tomato and basil toast is full of healthy fats and will be a great option for vegetarians. The truth is, avocado toast is a perfect meal at any time of the day.
Avocado Toast with Tomato and Basil
- ½ tomato
- ½ lime (or lemon)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 slices whole-grain bread
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
Cooking time: 20 min
- Toast the piece of bread until the bread is just golden brown.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove pit, and scoop the flesh into a bowl. Squeeze half of lime or lemon into the mixture. Season with salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste. Mash the ingredients together with a fork.
- Dice half of the tomato, chop garlic and basil, mix everything in a separate bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
- Spread half the mash onto each piece of toast and add the tomato-garlic-basil mixture on top of it. Serve immediately.